- PRP therefore not only contains platelets but also many other ingredients such as growth factors, chemokines, cytokines and other components (glucose, mineral ions, proteins such as cell adhesion molecules including fibrin, fibronectin, a and albumin). The activated thrombocytes, once injected, then release those factors, PRP help in collagen production which includes natural healing mechanism of the skin, thereby resulting in skin rejuvenation.
- Platelet-rich-protein or platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) is an effective way to utilise the body’s own proteins, stem cells, and growth factors to repair and rejuvenate skin and tissues.
WHAT AREAS DO YOU TREAT WITH PRP?
Platelet-rich-protein or platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) is an effective way to utilise the body’s own proteins, stem cells, and growth factors to repair and rejuvenate skin and tissues.
In cosmetic dermatology, a study performed in vitro demonstrated that PRP can stimulate dermal fibroblast proliferation and increase type I collagen synthesis.
Additionally, based on histological evidence, PRP injected in human deep dermis and immediate sub dermis induces soft-tissue augmentation, activation of fibroblasts, and new collagen deposition, as well as new blood vessels and adipose tissue formation. Skin ageing results in wrinkles, coarseness, pigmentation, and loose skin. PRP can induce re modelling the extracellular matrix (ECM). This increases the expression of matrix metalloproteinases to remove photo damaged ECM components and stimulates the proliferation of dermal fibroblast and synthesis of collagen.
BENEFITS Of FACE PRP:
• Rejuvenates by introducing GF, antioxidants and WBCs into the skin.
• Treats Lines, pigmentation, scars by increasing cell renewal time, stimulating Collagen and the natural healing mechanism of the skin.
• Treats photo damaged skin and results in healthier, thicker and supple skin.
How long does it take for PRP to work on face?
You should start to see results within a week but you should see rejuvenated skin after 1 month.
You skin will be younger and feels softer, the result may remain between 1 to 2 years after 3 sessions
Hair loss treatment:
The growth factors released from activated platelets promote proliferation, differentiation, and angiogenesis of hair follicles. In addition, they improve vascularisation and blood supply around the follicular units. PRP also prolongs the anagen phase and has anti-apoptotic properties.
PRP hair treatment can benefit three types of hair loss:
1.Male Pattern Hair Loss
Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, has been shown to be lessened, with an increased in hair growth, using PRP.
PRP can also be beneficial when used in conjunction with hair transplant for male pattern baldness, or in conjunction with medication intended to block the effects of the hormone DHT on the hair follicles.
2.Female Pattern Hair Loss
Female pattern hair loss tends to result in a diffuse thinning of hair over the entirety of the scalp.
PRP has been shown to be clinically effective for this type of hair loss.
Alopecia areata is a form of auto-immune hair loss. It can occur over the entire scalp and body or in patches.
PRP has been shown to help people with alopecia areata to regrow hair on their scalp with a low percentage of relapse. Platelet-rich-protein is an emerging treatment with great promise in many areas.
BENEFITS OF HAIR PRP:
• Enriches Hair Follicles and retains existing hair.
• Revitalizes dormant hair follicles to boost hair growth.
• Enhances the results of hair transplant procedure.
• Aids hair growth in the post-natal period.
How long does it take for PRP to work
PRP hair treatment noticeable results after 6 weeks. However, it may be approximately 12 weeks
before you see the results you were looking for. Due to the hair growth cycle, ideal results can take
up to three sessions spaced one month apart to become apparent.
- Active acne
- Active rosacea
- Allergies to stainless steel
- Collagen vascular diseases
- Eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- Immunosuppressive therapy
- Open wounds or sores
- Raised moles in the procedure area
- Clients on anticoagulants
- Wound-healing deficiencies
- Wait 6 months after Ro-Acutane, Isotretinoin drug
- History of contact dermatitis
- History of keloid scars
- History of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- HIV positive
- HEP B positive
Post-Procedure & Aftercare
What to Expect after PRP Injections?
Lumpiness, and/or a feeling of pressure or fullness at the injection sites and/or in the treated
area(s). Cold gel packs/ice may be applied immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
What do you need to avoid?
- Do not touch your skin for at least 6 hours
- Do not apply any kind of makeup
- Avoid any activity that can cause sweating
- Avoid sunbeds, steam or sauna rooms, Jacuzzis, hot showers.
- Do not take alcohol for at least 24 hours.